A 2017 Parents' Choice Silver Honor Winner
"Fans of Gaston (2014) rejoice Now it's Antoinette's turn to shine." --Booklist (starred review)
"Delightful...an action-packed romp." --Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"Three cheers for the winning Antoinette " --Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
Meet Gaston's friend Antoinette
Antoinette--a very special poodle--learns to follow her heart and be herself in this charming companion to Kelly DiPucchio and Christian Robinson's beloved Gaston.
Antoinette's three burly brothers each have a special talent. Rocky is clever. Ricky is fast And Bruno is STRONG. Mrs. Bulldog reassures Antoinette that there is something extra special about her--but Antoinette is not so sure.
Then one day, while Antoinette plays in the park with her friend Gaston, Gaston's sister Ooh-La-La goes missing. Antoinette feels a tug in her heart and a twitch in her nose. She must find Ooh-La-La. She will not give up
Can Antoinette rescue the puppy in peril--and discover what makes her extra special along the way?
* "In a delightful sequel to 2014's Gaston, Gaston the bulldog's poodle counterpart, Antoinette, wonders what she has to offer... an action-packed romp... Robinson's Parisian spreads are full of retro verve, but he doesn't overlook the city's ordinary inhabitants-a garbage collector, a bubble blower in the park, a woman in a head scarf driving a car. DiPucchio excels in showing rather than telling, and it's clear that beneath Antoinette's fluffy exterior lies the heart of a hero." Publishers Weekly, November 2016, *STARRED REVIEW* "Expressive and energetic, Robinson's acrylic illustrations are full of details... DiPucchio brings a lighthearted, arch quality to her narration... this picture book is bound to have children rapt until the conclusion-and soon begging for another read. VERDICT: Sure to be a storytime hit, especially where Gaston is popular." School Library Journal, December 2016
Kelly DiPucchio is the award-winning and New York Times bestselling author of Grace for President and numerous other books for kids, including the Crafty Chloe books Crafty Chloe and Dress-Up Mess-Up, as well as Zombie in Love and Gaston. Christian Robinson's books for young readers include Josephine: The Dazzling Life of Josephine Baker by Patricia Hruby Powell, which was a Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor Book as well as a Robert F. Sibert Informational Honor Book; Harlem's Little Blackbird by Renee Watson, which was an NAACP Image Award nominee; and Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Pena, which earned four starred reviews, was a New York Times bestseller, and won the 2016 Newbery Medal, a 2016 Caldecott Honor, and a 2016 Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor. Christian's recent book Leo: A Ghost Story, written by Mac Barnett, also received four starred reviews. Visit Christian online at TheArtofFun.com.
- : 9781481457835
- : Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- : Atheneum Books for Young Readers
- : 0.50122
- : January 2017
- : 285mm X 228mm
- : United States
- : March 2017
- : books
- : Kelly DiPucchio; Christian Robinson (Illustrator)
- : Hardback
- : 317
- : Christian Robinson
- : English
- : [E]
- : 40
- : f-c jkt (fx: sculptured emboss)+int. ill.; uncoated stock; digital