Author(s): Mary Franklin
THE FANS ARE HERE!
A special book by fans for fans, Generation Star Wars® celebrates one of the most creative groups of devotees in the galaxy. Packed with photographs, reminiscences, milestones, and little-known trivia, this book features a complete retrospective on more than thirty years of Star Wars fandom, including
• the beginnings of the phenomenon at San Diego Comic-Con 1976
• variations: the first fans, old-school fans, line culture, videogame fans, and female fandom
• celebrity fan memories from J. J. Abrams, Margaret Cho, Sean Lennon, and many others
• personal photos of fans dressed in their Star Wars finest, from the 1970s to the present day
• the dedicated clubs and communities, from the Official Star Wars Fan Club to the 501st Legion, from the Ladies of the ISO to the R2-D2 Builders Group
• the many fan sites and newsletters, from theforce.net to Bantha Tracks
• the early conventions and Star Wars celebrations across the globe
• fan-tastic fan-made crafts, art, tattoos, and other obsessions
• Plus—pages for collecting autographs at conventions!
For Star Wars enthusiasts of all stripes—from those who have camped out for hours in the movie lines to casual followers of the Force—Generation Star Wars is the ultimate tribute to a fun-filled community.
Chuck Wendig is a novelist, screenwriter, and game designer. He s the author of many novels, including "Blackbirds, Atlanta Burns, Zer0es, "and the YA "Heartland" series. He is co-writer of the short film "Pandemic "and the Emmy-nominated digital narrative "Collapsus." He currently lives in the forests of Pennsyltucky with wife, son, and red dog."