Author(s): Insight Guides Staff
Pocket-sized travel guides making the most of the British Isles through clearly laid-out walks and tours. Now with free eBook.
Explore the best of the Lake District with this indispensably practical Insight Great Breaks Guide. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see attractions like Lake Windermere, Grasmere, Beatrix Potter's house, the Wordsworth Museum and Castlerigg, to discovering hidden gems, including Wast Water, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will save you time, help you plan and enhance your Great Break in the Lake District.
Practical, pocket-sized and packed with inspirational insider information, this is the ideal on-the-move companion to your trip to the Lake District.
- Over 8 walks and tours detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat along the way
- Local highlights discover what makes the area special, its top sights and unique attractions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Insider recommendations where to stay and what to do, from active pursuits to themed trips
- Rainy day recommendations uncover plenty of options, whatever the weather
- Practical maps get around with ease and follow the walks and tours using the detailed maps
- Informative tips plan your travels with a useful practical section to ensure effortless exploration
- Innovative and unique extra: a free eBook
- Inventive design makes for an engaging, easy-reading experience
- Covers Kendal and Windermere, Ullswater and Kirkstone Pass, Coniston and Hawkshead, Keswick to Grasmere, Borrowdale and Buttermere, around Skiddaw, the Western Lakes and the southwest.