The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Portugal.
Take a guided walking tour of Lisbon, island-hop around the Azores, become a wine connoisseur in port country or relax on Madeira's golden beaches- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Portugal with this indispensable travel guide.
InsideDK Eyewitness Travel Guide Portugal-
- Over 35 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Portugal, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of Sintra's Pena Palace, the UNESCO World Heritage site of Alcobapa and Lisbon's Mosteiro dos Jer nimos
- Colour photographsof vibrant cities, beautiful beaches and islands, churches and castles, pretty town centres and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Lisbon - Alfama, Baixa and Avenida, Bairro Alto and Estrela, BelUm and further afield - the Lisbon Coast, Estremadura and Ribatejo, the Beiras, Douro and TrBs-os-Montes, Minho, Alentejo, the Algarve, Madeira and the Azores
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience-learn about Portugal's history, way of life, architecture, ceramic Azulejos tiles, traditional food and drink, festivals and events, and more
- Essential travel tips- our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Portugalis a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Portugal.