Author(s): Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this picturesque country.
Explore the remote Isle of Skye, visit the well-trodden Royal Mile during the world-famous Edinburgh Festival or tackle Scotland's scenic glens and rugged mountains- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Scotland with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Scotland-
- Over15 colour maps, including a transport map of Scotland, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layoutmakes it easy to find the information you need
-Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Scotland, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplansshow Edinburgh Castle, the National Museum of Scotland, the Royal Mile, Stirling Castle and more.
- Colour photographsof Scotland's stunning mountains, glens, castles, islands, lochs and wildlife
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience-learn about Scotland's rich history, traditions and festivals
- Experience the culture with features on Highland music and games, clans and tartans, and traditional Scottish foods
- Detailed chapters, with area maps,cover Edinburgh, Southern Scotland, Glasgow, Central Scotland and the Highlands and Islands
- Essential travel tips-our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus some helpful Scottish vocabulary, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Scotlandis a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Scotland.